View: 10349|Reply: 6

List of grammar schools in Lincolnshire

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 27-4-2021 09:28:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Does anyone know which schools in the county are grammar and which ones aren't? Also is it ok to start looking at schools while your child is in Year 4? The mrs and I aren't really sure where to begin in preparing for the 11+ :Q

Use magic Report

Post time 27-4-2021 17:32:58 | Show all posts
We didn't start looking at schools until year 5 but I WISH we'd done it the year before, would have given us more time to consider a school. As for your other question, here's a list from online:
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Alford
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Horncastle
Boston High School Alford
Bourne Grammar School Horncastle
Caistor Grammar School Gainsborough
Queen's Elizabeth's High School
Carre's Grammar School
Skegness Grammar School
Kesteven and Grantham Girls' School
Spalding Grammar School
Kesteven and Sleaford High School
Spalding High School
King Edward VI Academy
The Bostom Grammar School
King Edward VI Grammar School
The King's School Grantham

(THAT'S 16!!)

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2021 15:24:43 | Show all posts
It's more than ok to start looking at schools earlier than Year 5, lots of people do it, especially if you're not sure which school to choose.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-4-2021 11:46:40 | Show all posts
Jbubs111 replied at 2021-4-27 17:32
We didn't start looking at schools until year 5 but I WISH we'd done it the year before, would have  ...

This would have been more helpful if it had links :lol

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2021 08:57:17 | Show all posts
ReeceJones30 replied at 2021-4-29 11:46
This would have been more helpful if it had links :lol

haha it's not hard to google them ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 10-5-2021 09:13:00 | Show all posts
Does anyone know if there's a place where you can get the dates/deadlines for applying to the schools? Also which council do you need to apply to?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2021 10:21:41 | Show all posts
Jbubs111 replied at 2021-5-10 09:13
Does anyone know if there's a place where you can get the dates/deadlines for applying to the school ...

Hi Jbubs111, as the admin of this page I thought I might be able to offer some assistance.

Just to let you know that applications to Lincolnshire County Council for school admissions for a September 2021 start have closed, but the portal will reopen later this year for 2022 entry. Rest assured, your child's school will inform you when it's time to apply.

If you have a group of schools in mind for your child, you can search for them via the Lincolnshire County Council website: https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/directory/31/a-to-z/A

For the majority of schools across England, the Common Application Form (CAF), the form used to state your preferred schools, should be submitted to the local authority on the 31st of October for each year. If you're applying to a grammar school, they typically notify parents of 11+ results ahead of this date so that you can make the appropriate selection on the CAF.

Use magic Report

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list