View: 1828|Reply: 7

Dr Challoner's High School ranking

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 28-4-2021 11:25:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi! Our daughter is now in year4 and we have been thinking about secondary schools. Does anyone know if Dr Challoners High School is any good, especially compared to other Bucks grammars? I cant find any grammar rankings anywhere!

Thank you

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2021 10:47:46 | Show all posts
Hi!

I dont think there are any official league tables anymore as such, but i've found this really useful list: https://blog.thinkacademy.uk/best-grammar-schools-in-the-uk/

According to this Dr Challoners is 6 in the country and second in Buckinghamshire, so a very good grammar! I've also heard only good things about it

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-4-2021 16:18:59 | Show all posts
Thank you, that's a really helpful resource!

It's soooo reassuring to see it's got such a good reputation!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2021 09:43:21 | Show all posts
Happy to help! As I said I've heard great things about it!

Use magic Report

Post time 10-5-2021 11:33:07 | Show all posts
Hi, I thought this might be the best place to ask - given that Dr Challoners ranks so highly, id entry more competitive than for other schools? Do applicants need better 11+ scores?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-5-2021 09:10:41 | Show all posts
Hi Maggie!

Entry might be more competitive, but if that's the case a better 11+ score won't actually help you! Places are allocated (to those who have passed the 11+) based on where applicants live, not based on their scores.

I don't actually know how many applicants they tend to get, but as you say given that they rank so highly I imagine they are popular!

Use magic Report

Post time 11-5-2021 14:35:11 | Show all posts
Thank you Sally, that's good to know (and makes the whole process a little less stressful!)

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2021 15:19:50 | Show all posts
No worries, best of luck to you!

Use magic Report

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list