12Next
Return to list New
View: 2330|Reply: 10

Beaconsfield High School catchment area

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 29-4-2021 11:04:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help

We live just outside Wycombe and would like our daughter to attend Beaconsfield High School - does anyone know whether they have a catchment area, and where it is if so? Even though it's not that near us it would be very convenient as it's on my husband's way to work

Use magic Report

Post time 30-4-2021 13:22:41 | Show all posts
Hi! We're also hoping to send our daughter there!

We live in Beaconsfield so haven't had to worry about the catchment area, but did see a map here: https://www.beaconsfieldhigh.bucks.sch.uk/Admissions/

Hope this helps!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-5-2021 08:32:47 | Show all posts
Thank you so much, that's great! Looks like we're just inside the area, phew!

Do you know if it matters at all where in the area you live? Are those living closer to the school given priority for places?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2021 14:21:22 | Show all posts
Among those who pass the 11+ places are given in order of how close you are to the school - so probably worth not putting all your eggs in one basket!!

Still, you will still have priority over anyone who lives outside the catchment area

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2021 16:22:18 | Show all posts
Thank you! Fingers crossed then... We are also considering other schools don't worry!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-5-2021 14:18:51 | Show all posts
Hi - I have one more question about this! As we live in Buckinghamshire we're automatically entered for the 11+, but do we have to indicate somewhere that we're interested in Beaconsfield specifically?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2021 15:56:26 | Show all posts
No, that won't be necessary! As long as you put the school you want on your CAF form in October{:1_116:}

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-5-2021 09:33:26 | Show all posts
Oh - whats the Caf form, sorry?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2021 16:39:27 | Show all posts
The Common Application Form! It's the form you submit to your local authority in October with all your school choices on

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2021 08:42:07 | Show all posts
Oh of course! I see, thank you! We'll know the results of the 11+ before the CAF deadline, right?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list