View: 426|Reply: 4

best grammar schools in essex

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 30-4-2021 09:22:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
is there are list where i can find the top grammars in essex?

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2021 16:53:39 | Show all posts
https://blog.thinkacademy.uk/best-grammar-schools-in-the-uk/

There's 3 on that list, and they're the best in the country apparently

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2021 09:09:50 | Show all posts
Hi Benjamin, we've compiled a list for you here. All of the schools have been ranked in terms of performance. Hopefully, it's helpful for you.

1. Colchester County High School for Girls
2. King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
3. Westcliff High School for Girls
4. Southend High School for Girls
5. Colchester Royal Grammar School
6. Westcliff High School for Boys
7. Chelmsford County High School for Girls
8. Ilford County High School (This comes under the London Borough of Redbridge)
9. Southend High School for Boys

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2021 08:29:45 | Show all posts
admin replied at 2021-5-5 09:09
Hi Benjamin, we've compiled a list for you here. All of the schools have been ranked in terms of per ...

Hey thanks for this, I was gonna open a new thread but I guess now I don't have too :)))

Have another question though. How does it work in terms of passing the 11+ exam? Example: If my child were to pass the CSSE exam then are they eligible for admission to all the schools across Essex that use this exam for their selection process?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2021 12:34:14 | Show all posts
MaryOkeefe replied at 2021-5-6 08:29
Hey thanks for this, I was gonna open a new thread but I guess now I don't have too :)))

Have an ...

Hi Mary, all of the schools in the consortium require candidates to successfully pass the test in order to meet some of their entry requirements. For the grammar schools in the consortium, passing the CSSE 11+ is a must, but sometimes catchment areas always play a role, as well as the preference of school in the CAF.

Please also note that not all of the schools in the consortium are grammar schools. St. Thomas More High School and St. Bernards High School are Catholic schools requiring non-Catholics to take the exam as part of the admissions process.

Shoeburyness High School is not a grammar school, but some applicants must pass the 11+. You can read more via their website.

For more info, check out https://csse.org.uk/schools/

Use magic Report

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list