View: 3860|Reply: 9

What is the pass mark for the 11+ in Buckinghamshire?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 30-4-2021 13:20:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone - I have a question about the 11+ in Buckinghamshire.

We're preparing for our daughter to sit the exam in September, and are gathering past papers and the like. One piece of info I can't find, however, is the pass mark - does this change from year to year, or between schools? In what kind of range is it usually? I would be so grateful for any help!

Sally

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2021 08:48:40 | Show all posts
Hi Sally!

The pass mark is actually the same every year - 121! This is meant to be something the top third of students can achieve.

You can find lots of useful info on this page: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/servi ... dary-transfer-test/

Maggie

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-5-2021 09:41:14 | Show all posts
Thanks Maggie! Do you know what the maximum score is? What is that 121 out of? I couldn't find the answer on that page!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2021 16:00:15 | Show all posts
The maximum is 180 - but keep in mind this is a standardised score! That means that how many questions you need to get right to get 121 varies from year to year and is hard to tell based on past papers!

In my experience there's not much point in counting points when you practice, just try to continuously improve!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-5-2021 16:07:11 | Show all posts
Thank you Maggie,

That makes sense! But a bit frustrating of course not to know what her chances are...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2021 09:23:34 | Show all posts
Oh I completely understand Sally! Still, it's important not to stress too much! Even if you don't know the chances your child will still be improving their maths skills hugely during this process, which is sooo useful even if you don't end up getting a place at the school you want!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-5-2021 16:34:50 | Show all posts
Thank you, that is very true and important to remember!

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2021 08:26:04 | Show all posts
Hi everyone - I know this is something there might be no clear answer to, but roughly how much of the exam do students need to get right to pass? Is it a case of getting nearly all questions right or is it less demanding than that?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2021 15:30:15 | Show all posts
Hi Peter, sorry to disappoint but that's really hard to answer! As the score is an average of all the papers you child doesn't have to do great in all of them as long as they score highly in one or two parts! I really wouldn't stress about it, just try to see that your child improves as you revise!

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2021 16:25:19 | Show all posts
Thank you, I'll try not to stress too much!

Use magic Report

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list