View: 2627|Reply: 3

Grammar schools in Chelmsford

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 4-5-2021 16:47:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
My daughter is doing the 11+ later this year and I thought that if she prepares for the CSSE test she can go to all the grammar schools that accept girls in Chelmsford (we live close to it), but I'm now reading an article that says Chelmsford county high school for girls doesn't do the same test? Where can I get more info on this?

Thank you

Amy

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2021 08:50:26 | Show all posts
Hi Amy, thanks for your message.

Chelmsford County High School for Girls (CCHS) does not use the CSSE test. The school administers its own 11 plus exam, known as the CCHS Entrance Test, provided by CEM.

The CCHS Entrance test has two papers, and each paper takes one hour to complete. Each of the papers assesses the candidate's ability in verbal, non-verbal and numerical reasoning. Candidates are required to show competency in all these skills. Please note that the questions are not expected to be more challenging than those candidates are already familiar with from key stage 2 English and maths. Both tests are equally weighted, and a combined score will be used as the total. Results from all of the schools following the common entrance exam format are then standardised before a pass mark is decided and results are finalised.

You can learn more about the CEM assessment, as well as download free resources to help your daughter prepare, here: https://blog.thinkacademy.uk/cem-gl-assessments/

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2021 08:51:47 | Show all posts
Does anybody know what the other grammar schools in Chelmsford are like?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2021 09:41:24 | Show all posts
BenjaminYoung40 replied at 2021-5-6 08:51
Does anybody know what the other grammar schools in Chelmsford are like?

Here's another in Chelmsford, it's a boys school - https://www.eduu.com/article-28-1.html

Use magic Report

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list